How To: Create database indexes in PHP/MySQL ?
Any RDBMS like MySql are geared to perform read operations better than write operations. The efficiency in read operations are achieved by database indexes.
Indexes are most important in optimizing databases. If an application has large database then it is always optimized and indexes are part of this section.
Indices can have a significant impact on the ability of your applications to manipulate data in a very efficient way in a positive and negative sense.
CREATE INDEX <indexname>
ON <tablename> (<column1>[, ..., <columnn>]);
Now to create index,
CREATE INDEX book_id ON users (isbn);
Indices can usually be created on one or more columns of a table and it is important to determine a good number of columns that are heavily used and to index them.
- Facebook Style Reactions – A Simple jQuery Plugin To Generate LIKE buttons in Facebook Style
- 12 Essential jQuery Plugins to Bookmark in 2017
- Introduction to The Best PHP Social Network solution in 2016
- Giveaway: Win 1 of 3 Premium Themes from ThemeFuse [Announced]
- LinksManagement Review: Controlling the Backlinks of Yours